Wednesday, July 10, 2013

Beijing 1 Day Trip


This is sooo overdue update since the start of my 6 month overseas internship attachment in Tianjin, China. Anyway, on last Saturday 6/7/2013 me and my junkie buddy, Serene went to Beijing, China for an 1 day trip. It was a very last minute planned trip so we purchased our to and fro tickets at Tianjin train station on Friday and start our 1 day trip on the next day, Saturday. We then start out research on how to get to the places when we came back from the train station. Of course, our mobile wifi was perfectly doing its job, allowing only one of us to connect the internet, which make things even better. However, that doesn't stop us from getting the information that we need, boo yeah!!

When we reached Beijing subway station, crowded with human!

On the way out from subway exit, it's Summer! Umbrella's up!

Reached Tian An Men 天安门!!

Proceed to buy the entrance ticket to forbidden palace.


My junkie buddy busy taking videos, no time entertain me, so the reverse camera comes in handy! :x Long Stone Carving by the way, with dragon.

I wasn't kidding about the heat! And yes, that's my umbrella.. :)


Fine i admit, i didn't read whatever that's on that board, they are everywhere! And it's really hot out there, halfway through i already wanted to get out of the palace already.


Wood window.

Dragon carving

I was sick of getting pushed and getting some sparta tourist sweat all over me and getting my neck dragged by aunty just to take pictures of the inner palace, so i go for the not so popular ones, the outer "wall" of the building.
  
My lunch! Microwave instant meal, 梅菜扣肉饭, freaking expensive for this "7-11" food.


Peach ice cream in summer? Perfect!


Went to the jade museum that was supposedly be the concubineS room 东六宫.


Jade artwork display.

连理树, the two tree that grows together into one.


The tree has smoother skin than i do! >.<


And of course, the royal garden 御花园 :)


Roof with dragon patterns ~~



The middle thingy is the place where everybody throws a coin into it, believing it will bring good luck to you, but .... refer to the next picture!


The signboard says, do not throw coins into it, i only saw this sign board when my bedmate told me to turn around  after I threw my coin :x what.... I didnt know what, and the board is like... blocked by all the human!!



And yes, yours truly with peace! my first thought was, my goodness I'm finally outta this place! HAHAHHA :P 


Next stop, jing shan park 景山公园!!


That's the way for eating watermelon and honeydew on-the-go!  Was very tempted to buy them actually, but was very  bloated with the bottleS of water that we downed in the forbidden palace earlier, so we passed.


Since we have extra time on hand, we decided to hog at this cafe with WIFI!! :D And of course, just to keep us occupied since we are too tired to talk, we ordered.


Cheese cake and Pancake with syrup, butter & jam! Yummmmy... <3 br="" nbsp="">

Right outside the forbidden palace, on the way to the Jing Shan Park, vendors selling souveniers to  scam  the tourist!


On the way up to the mountain, vendors again. They are just so good at this whole selling a bottle of water in triple of the market price thingy!

Fun fact : Just so you know, Jing Shan Park is an artificial mountain. And yes, I did saw the tree where the emperor hanged himself for the country. 


Finally, reached the highest pavillion. View of the Forbidden Palace, I know, it's hazey, but it looks great still! :) Was cheated a few times just because they have a few pavillion and they all have a great view of the Forbidden Palace.


Went back to the exit of the Forbidden Palace, its just directly opposite of the exit of Jing Shan Park. It was very late that time! Have to take cab and rush to the train station. So guys, if you ever wanted to go during evening hoping to see day and night view, and you need to rush for 8.30pm train to go back Tianjin just for public transport, good luck!


And that's the night view of TianAnMen from cab.

Okay, need to continue doing my work already. Tian An Men, Forbidden Palace, Jing Shan Park? Checked! :) 

No comments:

Post a Comment