Wednesday, July 24, 2013

Tang Gu 塘沽 & Wai Tan 外滩

Last Sunday 21/7/2013, I went to the Tang Gu 塘沽 and Wai Tan 外滩 with my J.Buddy and one of her first time meeting with her internet friend. My goodness, never knew the transport cost would be so expensive. I mean, usually the MRT fare was maximum RMB5, but this particular destination, wahhh made my RMB10 fly away. Okay larh even though it's still affordable, but if you can save, why not? Anyway, took roughly one and half hour to go there. 

To get to Tang Gu 塘沽, I have to walk to the bus station, then hop on to the bus, then MRT and interchange, then EMT. When transiting to the other place nearby, yes it's nearby for driving but would take ages to reach there if walk, so we took cab because... 

1. The weather is really hot!
2. There's like, 3 of us, so if we combine our bus fare to go there, it would turn out to be the same as the cab fare, so okay loh.
3. The weather is really hot hot! 


On the EMT, which is sort of train-style-like seating. See the yellow rubber ring thingy? I'm expecting white sand and beach and sunburn!


This is the XiAn style bread filled with braised pork and green pepper (西安肉夹馍)for lunch! RMB5 each, it's good!

The northern part of this area 北塘沽 is the beach, so they are famous for their prawn paste and cheap seafood.

Saw this decorative statue and thought i should do the typical touristy shot with it. And no, I also don't know what and why are the two pears doing down there.

This is actually a floor. Yes, a chessboard floor. Unique isn't? Kinda like the Harry Potter feel. Hah!!

Uhm.. What caught my attention was the 6 packs "oh another decorative statue! touristy shot again!!". I was standing on the left of the picture, next to the snake at first, then decided to change because.... I simply want to touch the fake 6 packs  the s2pid snake is creepy. 

You know, the whole point of coming over here is to visit this "Foreign Goods Market 洋货市场". I thought it would be like, many stalls and vendors would keeping shouting and yelling for sales and lots of people bargaining over there, and not to left out, crowded! 


I was terribly wrong. It was just a few shop lots and some people wandering there and very hot weather! All those comments and feedback from the internet are all !@#$%^&*().


And this, yes, another decorative statue marks the end of the "Foreign Goods Market 洋货市场".
  
Honestly, I was kinda shock and maybe slightly disappointed when I found out that this is it. I wasn't expecting to shop or anything, even though all the comments and feedback says that they are very cheap that is if you don't consider the quality of course.

Oh well, didn't really spoil my day though, because I wasn't really looking forward that much to this place actually, I'm targeting another place, which is Tesco nearby Wai Tan 外滩, for my honeydew rocky!! :D But I didn't take any pictures, was too excited, and it's... well it's just Tesco. Heheh.


Having performance, but it should be nicer at night time with the lightings effect and all, so we planned to come back in the evening, close to night for dinner! But things didn't turned out the way we planned, as usual, but this is good enough! 


Nice hor? With the pigeons and all chillaxing there. Makes you want to take a break, just like them as well.

I was trying to get an artistic close up shot of it, really CMI! But this is the best that I get, so just make do loh. 


See all the umbrellas.. If only they are in position according to their colour, in varieties of bright colour, I think the effect would be much better than this. 

Then, it was the buffet! RMB 39.9 with free flow of beers! Hahaha never been to any buffet with free flow of beer, but not that shock, because afterall, their beer is cheap over here. And when you drink lots of beer, you will be bloated very quickly, don't be cheated ah! :p

This is the night view, was kinda rushing for public transport, so we didn't get to walk much of the place at all, but I would definitely want to come back again, for the sake of the rocky/pocky varieties!

While waiting for the EMT to go back home.

Even though we didn't do much for the day, but I was very happy to finally, get to buy my honeydew rocky and to have a real steamboat buffet. Seriously, the last time they say buffet 自助餐, it wasn't the typical pay-a-price-and-eat-all-you-can buffet, it was eat-all-you-want-and-pay-whatever-you-eat-in-ala-carte-price. 

Want to know how I found out? 

....... *sighh* 

Fine, here goes... 

Yea it was when my boss asked me to arrange dinner with the client, and the client told me it was buffet. Then when we reached the place, the waiter told us we have pay according to whatever you eat in ala carte price. But that time I don't know, so end up my boss ask me, "I thought just now you say buffet?" :(

No comments:

Post a Comment